Thursday, November 5, 2009

POPPERS Vol. 7 1985-89 - V/A

POPPERS Vol.7 1985-89
2009(bootleg)




Seventh volume in the 8 disc set, which is a direct response to the Borack 200 list of essential PowerPop albums.

The result is a mishmash, of obvious heavy hitters and no-hit wonders, from the days when it *all* was considered punk.

TRACKLIST:
01 - The Headless Horsemen - Same Old Thing
02 - The Vaselines - Son of a Gun
03 - The Smithereens - Blood And Roses
04 - The Tweeds - Part Of The Game
05 - The Finks - You Made Me Smile
06 - The Jesus And Mary Chain - Snakedriver
07 - Ukase - Jealousy
08 - Dogs - I Love Music
09 - Lyres - Worried About Nothing
10 - Watermelon Men - Back In My Dreams
11 - Wreckless Eric - I'm Not Going To Cry
12 - The Pussywillows - Turn Her Down
13 - The Chesterfield Kings - Time Will Tell
14 - The Dead Milkmen - Punk Rock Girl
15 - Lime Spiders - Can't You Read My Mind
16 - The Primitives - Crash
17 - The Sting-Rays - Behind The Beyond
18 - Fortunate Sons - Wastin' Time
19 - Mystic Eyes - I Woke Up In Love This Morning
20 - The Pandoras - Stop Pretending
21 - Fade To Gray - Land Of Love

DOWNLOAD

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed all of them, but this is my favorite volume yet! I sat in my car in the parking lot in front of my home for quite a while listening to it. The Mystic Eyes cut is a new favorite - played it twice.

Thank you.

jasp said...

Thanks a lot :-)

Mister E said...

Keep up the inspired work! It's got me thinking of doing my own comp set, too.

Mister E said...

Addendum: You seem to have an affinity for the Mystic Eyes. Are you an FOB (Friend of Bernie)?

Anonymous said...

really looking forward to the last one in this great series...Johannes

Craig D said...

The MYSTIC EYES track was recorded circa 1995, give or take a year.

My brother, Scott Davison, decided to trcord a cover of this Partridge Family classic, so we did it up on a 4 track cassette deck in my basement.

Thanks for noticing!

Dgrador said...

@ Mister E:
Haven't met Bernie, but both he and Craig have stopped by the blog to say hello.

Dgrador said...

@ Craig:

My bad. Somehow I forgot that Songs About Tugboats was a '90s thing. Had it in my head that it was unreleased '80s.

It's still fucking great though.

Craig D said...

Dgrador: Dates, Shmates!

Elmer: You built a set of shelves for Bernie once-upon-a-time, right?